Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokkzer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gallon with 5 zebra danios and 4 neon tetras. I am planning on getting at least a 40 gallon and increasing the danios to 8 and the tetras to 7. I want to get another school of 7-8 fish. Something colorful and active. What are some good schooling fish that will go with my others?

Thanks in advance.

Bleeding heart tetras! they have never been too fussy with eating, but prefer live foods like blood worms. plus they school beautifully in a large tank.
Do you have relatively hard water?
good luck!

Sparkle eye whiteclouds are even better if you can find them and prefer warm water. I think harlequin rasboras or guppies would fit in nicely. If you want to add a little extra color you could do some glo-fish. They are the same species as zebra danios so they will school together :)

The sparkle eye whiteclouds look nice. I'll look into finding them. Does anyone know of a good livestock website with reliable healthy fish?

www.franksaquarium.com is supposed to be good. I've been corresponding with frank via email on stuff all week and he's real easy to work with. I did a little research and seems he's real popular with the planted tank folk. Doesn't have a huge catalog of fish but some rare ones, including the sparkle-eyes. Usually I use aquabid for livestock.

Back
Top Bottom