Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red wags are cute, just remember with livebearers a male and a female will reproduce..for sure. You can get all one sex if you would like. I will attach pics of how to sex livebearers..so that's guppies, platties, mollies, and swords.

Phantom tetras are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of 6 or more so I would get 4 more once your tank is going.

Can't say an exact number of fish, it depends which fish, their bio-load, and what part of the tank they will occupy.
Femalelivebearer.jpg
Malelivebearer.jpg

You can see there how the females have an actual triangular fin, and the male has a more elongated "fin" that he holds close to his body.

Siva is correct, it depends on factors such as the bioload of the fish, adult size, need for swimming room, and need for schooling.

Platties would be a good choice. If you get male and female, get them in a 2:1 female to male ratio.

thanks! lol oh no babies ! hmm i don't want a lot of fish in my 29 gallon because i already have problems in my ten so i want this one to be perfect!

Cool! So just get males, because females can carry sperm for a long time.

yes with my luck i doubt any would live lololol. but that sounds really cool. so could i get like six mollies give or take ? maybe two more phantom tetras and one more bolivian ram. so that would be 12 ? is my tank big enough to house that many fish?

it's not the number you could keep 30 fish if they were small use aqadvisor to do a ruff sketch it helps me but i make sure to viualize it first

Mollies get big...3-5" depending on the specimen, and being a livebearer they produce mass waste at that size. I wouldn't stock that many of them, personally. If you are only doing the rams, tetras, and mollies, I wouldn't do more than 3 mollies. If you want to add something else also, I would maybe just add one molly. I mean when you see them at the lfs it can be deceiving..they can get really big...and poop constantly.

Back
Top Bottom