Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluegillfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am taking my catfish and pleco to my LFS because they will get too big for my 25G tank which will leave my two Opaline Gouramis in there.

What else would be good tank mates in a lightly planted 25G with Driftwood and rocks they can hide under?

I would just leave the gouramis as your tank is already pretty well stocked and maybe you could do some Cory catfish.

I can't stand Cory Catfish lol they look like carp.

I was thinking instead of the catfish maybe one or two Rainbow Shark

No there is no way you should really have at least a 40 gallon for the opalines.

I will be upgrading in about 6-8 months anyway so I may just stay with the two gouramis for now or maybe a cory.

Saw you were on the other site as well I guess we both like multiple forums and opinions ;).

Yah I saw to glad you got a better picture to definitely tell they are blues.

Like I said over there they act perfectly at home together so until I see signs of stress or aggression I'm not going to separate them.

I agree I would just move them to that 40-55 gallon but I would really rehome the goldfish.

Do you have a test kit to measure your water parameters? I am only asking because I would be cautious of adding to much before you upgrade tanks because of parameters and potential aggression issues. How big are the gouramis currently?
There are a lot of options to live with the gouramis long term. Are you interested in schoolers, bottom feeders, something else?

Do you have a test kit to measure your water parameters? I am only asking because I would be cautious of adding to much before you upgrade tanks because of parameters and potential aggression issues. How big are the gouramis currently?
There are a lot of options to live with the gouramis long term. Are you interested in schoolers, bottom feeders, something else?

Yup I do water parameters are perfect and these two gouramis are about 3" now and show absolutely no signs of aggression.

I would be interested in schoolers and bottom feeders once I go to a larger tank but for now just bottom feeders.

Back
Top Bottom