stocking ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teshi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've recently finished a fishless cycle on a 10gal tank for my grandson. He is only 5. I'm looking for ideas to stock this tank for him. I've never had a 10gal. So I'm really not aware of what can/cannot be put in one. I do NOT want to trust my LFS on this one. But that is where I need to purchase the fish. So I want to go in informed! TY !:fish2:

what would you like to put in there? tell us some ideas and then we can help you go from there

well .. he is 5 so they have to be "interesting. He has picked out pink/black gravel. He likes pink. I want them to be hardy, meaning not minding if he taps on the tank. There probably won't be any live plants.

Do something easy like either a Beta or Dwarf Gourami as a center piece fish. Add a small school of Tetras or Rasboras. Some Ottos, Pygmy Corries, and/or a snail for light cleanup duties. Throw in some low light plants like Java Fern.

You could a school of nano fish like ember tetra, celestial pearl danio or chili rasbora, or endler's livebearers would work too and they are very colorful fish. Some shrimp would be an interesting addition. Depending on the betta's temperament you could try a betta as a centerpiece. Some pygmy corys for the bottom would work too.

Oh I bet he'd like the shrimp! All very colorful fish suggestions. At least I'll have a bit of an idea going into the LFS. I will have to look and see the care of shrimp but I do like that idea for him. And he can still have fish too!

My nephew loves looking at my ghost shrimp when I feed them because you can see the food going through them. I also have guppies. They come in so many different colors so there's bound to be one he likes.

Back
Top Bottom