Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dngo9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, i have a 34l tank which is roughly around 9 gallons. I have 2 platies atm and i was wondering does anyone have any other suggestions on which fish to get?
Im planning to get a betta and 5 harlequin rasbora
Is that overstock?? Thank you

Hi there, i have a 34l tank which is roughly around 9 gallons. I have 2 platies atm and i was wondering does anyone have any other suggestions on which fish to get?
Im planning to get a betta and 5 harlequin rasbora
Is that overstock?? Thank you

yes, that would definitely over stock your tank. The betta would probably do best on it's own anyways. Some are good additions to community tanks but it really varies. They also stress easy so fast moving fish aren't a great option to keep with it.

Your tank is too small for the rasbora, even on their own. They really should have 15 gallons at least. They are such active fish and really need that space.

I'd honestly just add some shrimp or snails and maybe 1 more platy. Platy are pretty messy fish and I personally wouldn't push for anything more than 3 and even that to me is a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom