Stocking Info for 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beandoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need some advice on what I should stock a 5 gallon aquarium with. And what are some good plants for me to get with these fish?

-single betta
-pair of killifish
-group of male Endlers
-pair of scarlet badis
-school of nano fish (micro rasboras, dwarf amber barbs, chili rasboras, etc)
-shrimp

What kind of light is on the tank?

Here is my Current Solo 5g. First planted and today. I have corydoras habrosus and dwarf emerald rasboras, maybe a scarlet badis left in there. Be careful because small tanks can go south real quick if one thing gets out of wack. Needless to day I grow excellent algae. The habrosus spawned once and I think I initially used root tabs but almost never any ferts go in it. This jungle came out in less than a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1445044899963.jpg
    1445044899963.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 1445044933702.jpg
    1445044933702.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 56
Smaller varieties of anubias, maybe small crypts if you want to bother with root tabs. Marimo moss balls. I have mine full of Najas or guppy grass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Smaller varieties of anubias, maybe small crypts if you want to bother with root tabs. Marimo moss balls. I have mine full of Najas or guppy grass.

Najas grass is great and definitely underrated in my opinion!

A single betta fish is really fun. You could maybe have a snail in there with him. 5gals are a great size for one betta, but only one. They're very friendly and curious if you get to know them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I personally love nano shrimp tanks. I have a saltwater nano shrimp tank, but have been dying to set up a freshwater one. Bettas a great fish too though. You can find some really stunning ones on websites like aquabid. They are trainable too.

??

Back
Top Bottom