Stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I think I've finally got my stocking list, I hope this could work 1 dwarf gourami 5 glo fish 6 corydoras 5 black phantom tetra 5 neon tetra 6 red cherry shrimp. Do u think this lot will be ok together?? It's a 32gallon(uk) 38gallon(us) tank i have a pic in one of my threads but can't seem to upload it to this one. Thanks in advance :)

Three schoolers is gonna be really busy lol. Maybe lower it to 2 schoolers and raise the #'s? Otherwise it looks good.

Thanks everyone :) and just a thought if I lost a group of the schooling fish could I get 2 dwarf gouramis(male + female) or would I need more than 1 female for the male??

Chris22 said:
Thanks everyone :) and just a thought if I lost a group of the schooling fish could I get 2 dwarf gouramis(male + female) or would I need more than 1 female for the male??

Umm... I don't know about that... Maybe dwarf cichlids? Check out Bolivian rams. :) but yes, you can take out the 3rd school and add two centerpiece fish.

No multiples of DGs. They are highly aggressive toward eachother and do not do well together. I recommend 1 per tank if it is no bigger than a 55 gallon.

Homedog98 said:
Umm... I don't know about that... Maybe dwarf cichlids? Check out Bolivian rams. :) but yes, you can take out the 3rd school and add two more centerpiece fish.

Thanks I'll check them out, I'm a big fan of cichlids.

Crypto said:
No multiples of DGs. They are highly aggressive toward eachother and do not do well together. I recommend 1 per tank if it is no bigger than a 55 gallon.

Noted. I'll scrap that idea. Do u think a couple dwarf cichlids would work? If not I think I'll stick with the original list.

Chris22 said:
Noted. I'll scrap that idea. Do u think a couple dwarf cichlids would work? If not I think I'll stick with the original list.

You could definitely do a pair of dwarf cichlids no prob!

Homedog98 said:
You could definitely do a pair of dwarf cichlids no prob!

Will they not be aggressive towards the other fish?? That's my main worry.

Chris22 said:
Will they not be aggressive towards the other fish?? That's my main worry.

Dwarf cichlids are peaceful :) when breeding they can get a bit territorial, but as long as they have hiding places to guard, it won't be anything to worry about. :) I'm doing a pair of Bolivian rams in my tank :)

Homedog98 said:
Dwarf cichlids are peaceful :) when breeding they can get a bit territorial, but as long as they have hiding places to guard, it won't be anything to worry about. :) I'm doing a pair of Bolivian rams in my tank :)

Cool, gonna look into doing that then. Thanks :)

Thought I'd upload the pic of my tank, couldn't do it the other day for some reason :)

Attachments

• image-1463827561.jpg
    image-1463827561.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 83
Can anyone help me with what I've got already....and with a few questions?? :confused:

Sure, could you make a new thread? You should probably make a thread or if you have post a link and I'm sure we'd be able to help you. The reason being is that if we help you in this thread it might get off-topic and the mods may shut it down.

Back
Top Bottom