Stocking my 170L/45gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbbieM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a bow front aquarium for my living area and I'm wondering about the stocking. I wanted to go for something simple like a couple of Angels, a couple of dwarf gouramis and maybe some tetras. I've actually never kept gouramis before so I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about wether they will bother my angels. And is 2 angels, 2 gouramis and approx 10 tetras overstocking? I'm just going for a low maintenance, easy to care for community tank that will still look good.

Some types of angels get fairly large, but I don't think you'll be overstocked provided you keep up on your maintenance. Most dwarf gouramis are peaceful, but angel's fins make tempting targets, so close observation may be in order until you know how they'll behave together. If you decide to do tetras also, be aware that your angels will eat any fish small enough to fit into their mouths, and will also be likely to nip the fins of long-finned tetras. You could try a smaller group (5-6) of one of the larger tetra species like Serpae.

Thankyou, I will definitely try out some Serpea tetras as I've never kept them before :)

Back
Top Bottom