Stocking my 20gal tall-compatibility/overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Iceman

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is what i was thinking of stocking my 20 gal tall tank

5 kuhli loaches
1 rainbow or redtip/redtail shark
5 black neon tetras
1 mystery snail
and maybe like 3 or 4 tiger/green tiger barbs

what do you guys think? is that too much or any problems with compatibility?
if you have better fish that would suit this better id love to hear your input.
the kuhli loaches im getting for sure

I really don't know much about tiger barbs but I think the rest sounds good except the red tail shark. 20 gal is too small for it, they get pretty big.

I can't speak for the loaches, but a twenty is too small
For a red tail / rainbow shark or tigerbarbs. I recommend a 55 for a rainbow and a 75gal for a red tail. Either one becomes territorially aggressive as the mature and reach between 4 -6inches in length. A school of tigerbarbs are too active for a twenty... A 29gal or up is better.

thanks for the input, ill cross out the shark til i get a bigger tank, which wont be too long anyway. gettin the MTS lol. any ideas for a centerpiece fish that wouldnt be aggressive that would work in a 20?

thanks for the input, ill cross out the shark til i get a bigger tank, which wont be too long anyway. gettin the MTS lol. any ideas for a centerpiece fish that wouldnt be aggressive that would work in a 20?

I'm partial to gourami, love a dwarf gourami.

I'm going to start stocking my 20 tomorrow and my full list is going to be

6 Neon tetras
6 Harlequin Rasbora
5 Corys
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 ram

someone had suggested I do 5 khuli in there but I'm not a big fan and my substrate isn't the best for them so I took them out and added the ram instead.

yeah i have a sand substrate so kuhlis will be ok. i like the eel type fish so im getting some. i was gonna do some cory's but the loaches are my bottom feeders. i might do some rasboras instead of the barbs. im not a big fan of the gouramis

yeah i have a sand substrate so kuhlis will be ok. i like the eel type fish so im getting some. i was gonna do some cory's but the loaches are my bottom feeders. i might do some rasboras instead of the barbs. im not a big fan of the gouramis

If you do the rasboras you could do a ram instead of the gourami I think that should be ok.

ill look into them some more, im still a couple weeks away from my tank being cycled i think

so i was thinking a german blue ram. read about them and they seem like they would work with the kuhlies and tetras

I dont know about you guys but ive had problems with neon tetras and tiger barbs... I might have just had an aggressive bunch. Keep an eye out

Back
Top Bottom