Stocking my 36 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for a lot of beautiful fish to fill my planted tank. All suggestions welcome. I love all fish so type doesn't matter. I was looking at the rainbow shark though.

Unfortunately the tank is too small for a rainbow shark unless you have somewhere else for it to go once it gets bigger.

If you are after a ton of color and movement may I suggest you go with a group of 12 male Endlers. You could add females if you want an endless supply of live food-fry-for your other fish. You could also go with a few say 4-6 swordtails. You could add maybe 6 Endler males and 4 nice swords. You could toss in a male betta or dwarf gourami as well. That should take care of the top level.

For the middle odessa barbs-I'd get them from Greg at Select Aquatics- or a half and half school of cherry barbs normal and albino. You could do 2 schools of 6-8 each lemon tetras and head and tail light or glowlite tertas. Penguin tetras would look nice as well and you can do school with one of the other types mentioned.

For the bottom, you have plants. If you have a moderate to heavy planted tank and some structures, rocks or what ever than shrimp are going to be the way to go. Make sure to research your shrimp before buying as some require very soft water. I'd go with cherrys, blues, yellows. Get 10-12 each type. With enough plants and cover a few shrimplets should survive to keep the population going. You could also go with corys say 6-8 pandas or juliei and 6-8 kuhli loaches.

If you need to know where to purchase any of this stuff just P.M. me and I'll give you some names of good folks to buy from.

For the top I would stick with the endlers alone. Don't add the male betta because he will most likely attack the endlers. Emerald rasboras would be nice midwater fish.

Back
Top Bottom