Stocking my 40g B tank... Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcdrichj

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my 40 g B tank is just about done its cycle... So its fish planing time!!!!

This is what I was thinking...
3 bolivian Ram
8 tiger barb
2 cockatoo Apisto
2x panda dwarf cichlid
Any advise would be great!! Thanks.

I came up with this also
2 cockatoo apisto
2 dwarf panda
3 blue ram
2 agassizii
7 tiger barb

Instead of tiger barbs I'd recommend pentazona barbs. They look very similar but are generally not nippy like the tiger barbs. Is this tank going to be heavily planted and/or have lots of decor?

I would like to have a planted tank but I wasnt sure if i could with these fish

How about if i replaced the barb with bloodfin tetra?

That'd be great! Tetras go very well with dwarf cichlids. As far as the cichlids go though someone else will need to comment on that. I have kept some of those species but never that many in one tank.

I'm not too familiar with some of those but I would go with a single pair of rams as opposed to 3. Offhandedly those fish should be fine with plants. It's usually the bigger Africans that destroy plants.

Thats great!!! Now i have more work i have to look at plants... Lol

I have been researching for 3 weeks since i decided to buy my first tank... Im enjoying every second!!! Cant wait till everything comes together!!! Should i post my fish combo in the cichlid page or is this good? I dont want to make a blunder... I am using aqadvisor.. So far it says im good... But nothing beats talking to people with experience!! Thanks all for advise and keep it coming!!

I have been researching for 3 weeks since i decided to buy my first tank... Im enjoying every second!!! Cant wait till everything comes together!!! Should i post my fish combo in the cichlid page or is this good? I dont want to make a blunder... I am using aqadvisor.. So far it says im good... But nothing beats talking to people with experience!! Thanks all for advise and keep it coming!!

If you are looking for advice on your cichlid selection there will be more people with experience browsing the cichlid section. Overall general advice should be simple to come by on the general forum.

How do I keep a good plant tank? I would rather have the real deal than plastic plants. When I had real plants, the water got yucky fast. but I still liked the real better........... What kinds of plants would anyone suggest for a classroom tank? I have several platys, guppies, chinese algae eaters and a catfish.

How do I keep a good plant tank? I would rather have the real deal than plastic plants. When I had real plants, the water got yucky fast. but I still liked the real better........... What kinds of plants would anyone suggest for a classroom tank? I have several platys, guppies, chinese algae eaters and a catfish.

That's a huge topic. I would post a new thread under the planted tank forum as more people will look at it to chime in with advice.

Back
Top Bottom