Stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamuraiGaidin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am still setting up my tank but I am messing around with aquaadvisor and looking at what it says for my fishes. The boss (girlfriend) and I have decided on these fish:

AquStockImage.png

My question is this: does this seem like too few fish for my 75 gallon tank?

We have a Fluval AquaClear 110 (500gph) filter.

Follow up question: Is it mandatory to have a plecos? and if it is not then what do you do for algae removal?

I am still setting up my tank but I am messing around with aquaadvisor and looking at what it says for my fishes. The boss (girlfriend) and I have decided on these fish:

View attachment 273551

My question is this: does this seem like too few fish for my 75 gallon tank?

We have a Fluval AquaClear 110 (500gph) filter.

Follow up question: Is it mandatory to have a plecos? and if it is not then what do you do for algae removal?

2 angels, barbs may nip.... i would be doing 2 angels and some rainbows or some nice danios in that tank with maybe a couple platies? but defs 2 angels.

i would invest in a much bettter filter, the 110 is good but not for a 75. invest in a canister before setup and research cycling.

NO, plecos arent necessary nor do they solve algae problems. algae is from excess nutrients and to much light, to remove films or algaes just use a scrubber (ie. mag float, or a scraping device). keeping up with maintenance and keeping a good light schedule will help with algae.

This is research. I just looked up what you said and they said they form pairs. 'Marry' each other. Thank you for the advice. But try to be more patient with us noobs.

google search "angelfish behaviour", "angelfish pairing", "3 angelfish in one tank".

to quickly tell you, two will more then likely pair and the third will get beat up, its usually 2 angels per tank.

i would also research about rainbowfish and angelfish together and angelfish with each barb you listed to make sure all are compatible... imo youd probably be best to do 2 angels and some small fish (not tetras)... cherry barbs were good with mine.

rainbows can get big, so definitelly keep researching on them.

Back
Top Bottom