Stocking of 5 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgmann12

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404914231.881056.jpgshould I put in a colony of shrimp or a single pea puffer.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If it's empty, you could do more then one puffer. I heard it's ok to do 1 per gallon.

I'd do shrimp. Dwarf puffers like plenty of plants and decor so that they have lots of places to explore.

I was leaning towards shrimp but I heard puffers have a cool personality.

They sure do. They're very inquisitive and will definitely get familiar with you when you're around the tank. Most people say around 3-5 gallons per puffer but in a 5 gal with lots of plants/decor to break lines of sight and establish territories you could probably do a pair. Excellent filtration is recommended as they are messy and sensitive to poor water quality.

Would I have to feed snails to file down the beak on a puffer

Not for dwarf puffers but they appreciate snails as a food source and something to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advicemyxm mzeN

Thanks! What would you do shrimp or a puffer

Thanks! What would you do shrimp or a puffer

Either would be very fun but if you've never had one I'd recommend the puffer. Personally I'd add more to the tank though as they enjoy jungles to explore.

Five gallons is really too small for much of anything. I would go to the store, get a 29 gall, and put some angelfish in there. They are like dogs, and will follow you around the room, begging for food. It is really cool, but be sure to put some plants in.

Snails are really interesting, and underrated. Get some of those to put in the 5 gallon.

Shrimp would be the easiest thing to do in there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Five gallons is really too small for much of anything. I would go to the store, get a 29 gall, and put some angelfish in there. They are like dogs, and will follow you around the room, begging for food. It is really cool, but be sure to put some plants in.

Snails are really interesting, and underrated. Get some of those to put in the 5 gallon.

The OP already has the tank and was inquiring about 5 gallon stocking. There are definitely appropriate fish/inverts for that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advicemyxm mzeN

The tank somehow spilled water on my dresser and I took it down

Back
Top Bottom