Stocking opinions needed for my 3 tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctordamen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone, I need some advice on how I should arrange the fish in each tank.. All 3 tanks are identical conditions, cycled, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, ph 7.6, 78F

They are currently stocked as follows..

55G planted
9 Cardinal tetras
2 Dalmatian mollies
3 Mickey Mouse platies
3 red wag tail platies

10G planted in kids room
4 Cory cats(albino, brown, sterbai, peppered)
2 red wag tail platies
1 Dalmatian Mollie
2 guppies
2 ADFs
2 ghost shrimp(1m,1female w a belly full of eggs)

10G planted in playroom
2 gold swords(female)
2 orange swords(male)

My main tank is the 55. I love the cardinals! I want to add two German blue Rams, some shrimp, and maybe some corys or something else for the bottom.
I'm not really a fan of having the mollies in the 55g but a 10g would be too small for them??

I would like to set up one of the 10g for fry aswell. I figured I could keep the 4 swords in the one tank then when we have fry they can be moved to the 55.
I would love some opinions on how to stock my 55 with my current fish also keeping in mind the one I want to add.
I was thinking of moving the mollies to the 10g in the kids room and the two platies and two shrimps out to the 55.
Would the 10g be overstocked with 4 corys, 3 Dalmatian mollies, 2 guppies, 2 ADFs?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Corydoras prefer being with their own kind. Having four different species isn't ideal. Having four of one is. Also, Mollies are supposed to be house in 20 or 30 gallon tanks.

Well, I have two of the mollies in my 55 already so I guess tomorrow I can move the 1 in the 10g over there.. I want to move the 2 platies and two shrimp over there as well.
That will leave my 10 gallon with 4 corys, 2 guppies, and 2 ADFs

And my 55
9 Cardinal tetras
5 red wag tail platys (4m,1f)
3 Mickey Mouse platys (3f)
3 Dalmatian mollies (1m,2f)
2 ghost shrimp

How many more fish can safely be added to the 10g? Maybe some more corys to make the others happier? And some corys for the 55? That way I can get larger groups of each species

Would this be too many fish in your opinion for my 55?
9 Cardinal tetras
2 German Blue Rams
8 Cory cats
Some ghost shrimp

Maybe increase the cardinals to 15 aswell

I have an AquaClear 70 with a good amount of plants

Would this be too many fish in your opinion for my 55?
9 Cardinal tetras
2 German Blue Rams
8 Cory cats
Some ghost shrimp

Maybe increase the cardinals to 15 aswell

I have an AquaClear 70 with a good amount of plants

You can plug in all this info to a website called Aqadvisor, and It will give you recommendations and stocking level.

Wow awesome website! Thanks.. I'll be playing around on here for a while lol

And I would recommend moving all the cories in the 10 gal to the 55, as the 10gal doesn't have a lot of ground to swim around in

Well I have moved the platys and Molly over.. Platys are doing fine but the Molly is being very aggressive with my cardinals...
Lol if I move my cories over then I'm only left with 2 guppies and 2 ADFs in there..
I'm considering moving the 3 Molly's back to the 10g because they are disturbing the peace with my platys... Actually all 3 of the Molly's are aggressive in the 55

Back
Top Bottom