Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there i have a 165l (45g) freshwater aquarium, we bought it 2nd hand with a load of big fish already in there including silver dollars, albino red fin sharks, pictus catfish, clown & pakistani loaches and a huge common plec. we have rehomed all but the loaches now. We have added more fish to the tank now but i wish id done more homework before hand. we have lost a few fish upto now for unknown reasons 2x guppys 1 juli catfish and 2x neons which i still dont know the whereabouts of. i dont think we have done too bad but the tank still seems a bit.. empty, now we have:

Clown loach - 1 - 5''
Clown loach - 2 - 2''
Pakistani loach - 2 - 3''
Julii Corys - 2 - 2''
Dwarf Gouramis - 3 - 3''
Guppys - 3 - 2''
neon tetras - 3 - 1''
black neons - 5 - 1.5''

i think thats our limit for now with 44'' of fish. i know that the clown loaches with have to go soon (just waiting for a suitable home as i dont want to take them to the lfs to live in a tank quater of the size untill hes bought), we will get rid of all 3 rather than just the biggest but that still only frees up 9'' and that still leaves us technically full to the brim but with an empty looking tank.

any advice on what i can do to make our tank more lively.

thanks

dean

Back
Top Bottom