Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrangelyNormal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was thinking of getting a few (2 or 3) spotted pictus. I have a 90 gallon tank with diamond tetras, boesemani rainbows and a featherfin catfish who's 6 to 8 inches. Will the featherfin be okay with that arrangement or am I asking for trouble?

Please let me know so I can make a sound decision here.

The pictus I used to have was really nervous and jumpy. Not sure if that's a common thing for the breed but it was my experience. Gorgeous though. Prob will want sand and an open design so won't tear up the long whiskers. Don't know about featherfins (yet).

Sent via the time space continuum... All hail Zoltan.

Does your featherfin hide or roam the bottom? If he hides a lot then I'm sure pictus will be fine just give them some hiding places. Pictus are very active so a lid for the tank is recommended IMO. Also never touch your pictus unless you want your hand to swell up like a bee sting and itch.

Caleb

Does your featherfin hide or roam the bottom? If he hides a lot then I'm sure pictus will be fine just give them some hiding places. Pictus are very active so a lid for the tank is recommended IMO. Also never touch your pictus unless you want your hand to swell up like a bee sting and itch.

Caleb

Ha learned that the hard way from a mean channel cat. But yea you should be fine, I love pictus and would love to have some in my tan as well.

Back
Top Bottom