stocking question while i not-so-patiently wait for fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would rethink putting ADFs in a tank with community fish. I know it can be done depending on the size tank and tank mates, but with your size tank I wouldn't try it, especially NOT with a betta or any other bottom-dwelling fish. And the frogs are nearly blind, so you'd have to likely feed them by hand for them to get any food. After this tank is set up with fish you could set up a second tank just for some ADFs. Siva is a member here and she has ADFs and has a lot of knowledge; you could PM her and ask her some questions. There's also an amphibian section here you could post on and ask. I was thinking of getting ADFs for my community tank too (if it ever cycles, not looking good lol) and after talking to Siva I think an ADF-only tank would be best for them.

I've always kept ADF's in communities with no problems. If you target feed them in the same spot everyday, they learn fairly quickly where to go to get food.

I've always kept ADF's in communities with no problems. If you target feed them in the same spot everyday, they learn fairly quickly where to go to get food.

Hm, what are some good fish that go with ADFs? I still might set up a second tank just for them rather than mixing them, that actually seems like the less complicated option lol but I'm curious as to what would be good tank mates for them (sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread Ben!).

I've had good luck with neons, but I imagine other fish like cardinals, harlequins, and cherry barbs would be fine as well. I've also found they work very well with bettas. Cories were somewhat frustrating lol, since they constantly tried to steal the frogs food, but ottos were fine. :)

haha its quite all right. It seems like we have similar questions. I love adf's and really want them in my community tank

Back
Top Bottom