Stocking Questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyCakes81

Aquarium Advice Freak
As per my recent threads, I am currently fishless cycling my 20 high fish tank.

My expected stocking will be:
1-Germam blue or gold ram
10-Cardinal Tetra
6-Panda Corydora
1-Zebra Nerite Snail
12-Red Cherry Shrimp

I know the ram goes last because they should get a more matured tank.

With the rest of the list, which should I add first?

As always, all tips and advice greatly appreciated!

As per my recent threads, I am currently fishless cycling my 20 high fish tank.

My expected stocking will be:
1-Germam blue or gold ram
10-Cardinal Tetra
6-Panda Corydora
1-Zebra Nerite Snail
12-Red Cherry Shrimp

I know the ram goes last because they should get a more matured tank.

With the rest of the list, which should I add first?

As always, all tips and advice greatly appreciated!

I'd do a pair if rams, and then your good

Yeah sorry! I'd say 6 Cory's 12 cardinals and 1 German blue ram will make for a nice tank, along with the shrimp

So ph tested 5 times- half the time 6.6 half 7.6. What's wrong?

What test kit are you using? Strips aren't very accurate. If you're using the API kit, shake the PH bottles for a few seconds before you use them. Also use the normal PH test first; if it's the highest blue color on the chart (7.6) then use the high range test.

FIshless cycling can mess with PH a bit too, so once you add fish it should stabilize. You might also want to test your tap water's PH and then leave a glass of tap water out for 24 hours (stir it occasionally) and then test PH---this is your true PH and what your tank's PH should be once the cycle completes (for example, the PH out of my tap is 8.4 but it gasses off to 7.2 which is what my tank's PH is).

Sounds good, but I would actually only do 4 cory cats. Now I know I am going to get yelled at, but I am not a 'by the book' fish keeper. I think a minimum of three is fine, not six. As long as they are not a lone, they are fine. If this was a regular 20 long tank, you could do 6, but I am not sure if there is enough floor space for 6 cory cats and a ram/.

Agreed. The minimum for them to be alright and happy is 3. But the more there are the happier and more active!

Back
Top Bottom