Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizz4mo1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two tanks...
1. 37 gallon rectangle with a pleco, rainbow shark, 2 mollies, 3-5 babies, plants, 2 moss balls
2. 27 gallon cube with 2 platies, 5 babies, 3 shrimp, snail, bristlenose pleco, plants, 1 moss ball
Any suggestions about what else would make good tankmates? I orignally had the platies in the 37 tank but my shark kept biting their fins....she has never attacked any others, but now I'm concerned about what fish I put in there with her.

Is your Rainbow sharks still a juvenile? They become territorially agressive as they mature ... A 55gal is the minimum I recommend for them ... With lots of DW, plants and rocks to set territories for it to claim .. If you haven't already.

Is your Rainbow sharks still a juvenile? They become territorially agressive as they mature ... A 55gal is the minimum I recommend for them ... With lots of DW, plants and rocks to set territories for it to claim .. If you haven't already.

She is about 4 in. and she has staked 2 different places as hers. She only bothered the platies though. Didnt even eat my babies I have. I figured she just didnt like their color. :lol: She even leaves my shrimp alone. If she gets worse (I dont think she will) I'll pass her to a friend of mine who has a 100 gallon tank.

37 is really small for here. If she gets too big or aggressive make sure you give her to a good home. And add an angelfish!

Back
Top Bottom