Stocking suggestions, overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently thinking of stocking ideas for my 65liter (17usg) tank. Currently have 5 red eye tetras and eventually want to add:

3 panda cory
3 platy
1 red cherry shrink

Hopefully they will all get along fine. Would I be overstocked at this?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Platys may slightly overstock it as they can be messy fish. Corys would do better in a larger group, at least 4, 5 may be better. Five Corys and the Tetras may just about stock you. You may be able to add a centerpiece fish like a Dwarf Gourami instead of the Platy, but maybe someone else should verify this. The shrimp should be fine as they dont' have much of a bioload and you could add a few of those.

Yeah I think it'll be ok, I'm not exactly a platy freak, but I have my dealings with them more often than not.

If you do get the urge to add anything, at the most I would add maybe 2 or 3 more pandas but that would be it.

Hmmm, might add just 2 platys then and see how things go. There's a few plants in, but I don't think there is enough cover for a dwarf guarami. It's quite a tall tank, so the base is smaller than usual, don't want to overcrowd the bottom too much. Maybe pygmy corys.

Ahh sod it, might just buy a much bigger tank :)

Back
Top Bottom