Substrate...quantities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daileene said:
Well we always learn someting everyday....LOL...don't worry joyler...it makes the two of us

Oh hey Daileene! How are you? How's the snails?

i think i will end up ordering an assassin snail. I really don't want to, but for the sake of having all the snails and eggs gone, I need to do it...

daileene said:
i think i will end up ordering an assassin snail. I really don't want to, but for the sake of having all the snails and eggs gone, I need to do it...

Woohoo! Don't mess with Daileene she'll have you assassinated!! :)

HAHAHHAHAHAHA you are so silly....only in this case though....sorry pond snails...I just can't afford my 5G and 4.4G being overtaken by then, I don't have enough space as it is....

is this a new tank? If so, I always just put the substrate in the tank, run about 4" of water over it, mix is up real good with my hands, drain, repeat until clean. If not, yeah, you'll need a bucket

Only problem is it's big and awkward...and 50pounds of pea gravel ain't easy to move around...and the tank is acrylic...so I don't want to scratch it

I have a 90 gal and kind of dreading the thought of the number of bags I would need for it.

Now, I have a Mbuna tank and if you all know, Mbuna's need lots of rock and the rock needs to be on the glass. So before I added my sand I 3/4 of my glass with rock work. So when I then calculated for sand I ended up with a 1.75" deep bed around the rocks and used only 70lbs of sand. It was going to be 180 without the rock :)

Back
Top Bottom