Success!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds to me like all is well now. Just be careful that you don't overfeeed.

Was the ammo and no2 at zero when you did the large water change or was it in the middle of dropping what you had previously added? I assume you tested the water after the pwc and before adding fish?

Was the ammo and no2 at zero when you did the large water change or was it in the middle of dropping what you had previously added? I assume you tested the water after the pwc and before adding fish?

It was 0 and 0 after the PWC.

eco23 said:
It's some sort of anomaly...just keep the pwc's up as needed, and things should be back to perfect in another couple days :)

Yea but the offer stands, if you need anything let me know. We are neighbors.

Update: Three 25% PWCs later, I am still seeing nitrItes in the neighborhood of 2-5 when I test daily.

No ammonia though, which tells me that even with the 23 fish I have stocked, the fishless cycle BB colony seems to be functioning ok.

I am seeing nitrates very slowly increase as well...everything seems to be okay with the exception of this nitrite reading. The fish all seem to be doing fine, I have not lost any and they don't show any strange behavior.

Back
Top Bottom