Swordtails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys!

I'm getting mixed opinions on my stocking. I really like either the red velvet swordtail or the marigold swordtails. Has anyone kept them before? I also have a 20 gallon tank and someone said that could be pushing it.

I have a marigold swordtail in my 29 gallon. She is at least 3 inches long. IMO 20 gallons may be a little too small for them. They have a pretty big bioload too.

I'm not sure about red velvets. Platys are very similar to swordtails, but usually stay quite a bit smaller. Perhaps you would consider them? They come in plenty of bright colors just like swordtails.

Thanks! I was afraid of that :/ it's ok though. Just my first tank. Imam ready addicted so one day I can get swordtails!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Thanks! I was afraid of that :/ it's ok though. Just my first tank. Imam ready addicted so one day I can get swordtails!

I think that calls for another tank, don't you think? :)

Haha! I was already looking on Craig's list for a new larger tank today and there is a pretty awesome 300 gallon tank for sale here that's 800. It was in a restaurant and is not longer needed. I would be in LOVE with it but there is no room for that in my apparent right now. :/ lol

Omg me too! I swear I'd be in heaven. It said it was like 6 feet long. Could you imagine that as an in wall tank. How beautiful!!

If I had the money if buy it and just store it till I have the room! It comes with the stand and the equipment I think.

Back
Top Bottom