tank #3--10 gallon "tacky" tank :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first test since ammonia was added:

ammonia - 4.0ppm
nitrite - 0
didn't bother with nitrate yet

Ok, I've gotta chime in here... no tacky tank would be complete IMO without a bubbling treasure chest! Just sayin'! :p

I love where you're going with this, and I'm sure Babytron likes it too, lol!

that's really funny because my husband has always wanted one of those!!! it may end up happening... lol we actaully found a little one at petsmart we might pick up when we pick up the second flower we want this weekend. :D and yes, babytron loves the tank! i can't wait till we get fish in there.

so far stocking list is 1 male betta and a handful of pygmy cories if i can find them! :D

they have those super bright red green orange pink caves lol

Like the one I started with:
10g2.jpg

nice picture, meegosh :D i've seen those caves. but after the bubble chest i dunno if one will fit lol. we're going to go back to petsmart this weekend, we'll see :D

Should have put a disclaimer. The decor was not my choice, for the record. I aptly dubbed it the Hippie Nightmare. That was the first and last tank I let the wifey decorate. ;)

hahaha meegosh! those cories look like they have a pink tint to them, is it just the tank colors or are they actually pinkish ? hippie cories!

That's the way they did look. Those were two of my favorite fish for quite some time. They both lived over four years and died within two weeks of each other. Never figured out why or anything.

The Sponge Bob home would be hilarious, but I think that would belong in a theme tank lol. I say +1 for the bubbling treasure chest, it is absolutely necessary! At the very least you need some sort of bubbling ornament.

I have a dinosaur that can be connected to an airline that moves with air, that I wouldn't mind to part with lol.

oh my gosh, that is our favorite movie around here, krap. we got a fish tank in the first place because our daughter loved the movie so much. and that is her favorite part!!! i would love to find a volcano like that

lol, AQ 1, that sounds like it would be a cool theme tank idea. like a jurassic park theme tank.

and i love the spongebob pineapple house!!! <3 that is one of me and my husband's favorite shows. it's one of the things we had in common when we met. i have considered getting a small tank (like 5 gal) for our daughter's room, that might have to be spongebob themed :D

Too bad there aren't any freshwater starfish. (Peach/Patrick), but I there's probably ornaments :p. And I guess for that matter there aren't any clownfish, peppermint shrimp (cherry shrimp would work) but that would never work with a puffer ><

it's too realistic.. LoL! i love the red light that comes out the top though, that's pretty sick

did a water test today:

ammonia: >4.0 ppm, might do a small water change to bring it down a little. not sure why it's so high.
nitrite: between .25 and .5ppm :D nice, cycle is underway!

Back
Top Bottom