Tank layout suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

analioness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to purchase some plants/driftwood for my new tank.

I was thinking if fake plants. Any suggestions on items and layouts?

Attachments

• image-185304546.jpg
    image-185304546.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 100
I did a mixture of real & fake plants. The taller are the fake plants because the real plants were tall enough yet.:brows:

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_1347[1].jpg
    IMG_1347[1].jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 105
Maybe something to block the equipment in the back corner.

analioness said:
I'm looking to purchase some plants/driftwood for my new tank.

I was thinking if fake plants. Any suggestions on items and layouts?

Tall plants back left to block the equipment for sure. I'd move the rock pile as well. Read an article on tank layout recently saying that the focus of the tank should be just left of centre. It's the same principle that applies when taking photographs, it's the spot most pleasing to the eye. I'd add a black or blue background so that the colours really standout.

Thanks for your advice.

I did try moving the rocks to the left, but it looked unbalanced when there wasn't anything else in there. Should I buy a large piece of wood and balance it out on the right or another rock feature?

Love that pic of your tank librarygirl, looks great! So you only have 2 fakes at the back? They look real. Silk or plastic?

analioness said:
Sorry I meant, Shellieca not librarygirl** :)

Thank you. There are actually 3 or 4 fakes, the ones with the long thin leaves & one towards the front left with broader leaves & they're silk. Plastic plants can cause damage to fish if there are sharp points or edges so I stay away from them. The tank has only been set up since July & I've made some changes over time & will probably make some more. You'll see what you like & don't like, what works best for your fish, you're the one who's going to be looking at it so find what you like. The one thing I would like to do is paint the back glass but its too close to the wall & I'm not going to tear it all down now.

shellieca said:
Thank you. There are actually 3 or 4 fakes, the ones with the long thin leaves & one towards the front left with broader leaves & they're silk. Plastic plants can cause damage to fish if there are sharp points or edges so I stay away from them. The tank has only been set up since July & I've made some changes over time & will probably make some more. You'll see what you like & don't like, what works best for your fish, you're the one who's going to be looking at it so find what you like. The one thing I would like to do is paint the back glass but its too close to the wall & I'm not going to tear it all down now.

Paint? Why not just stick on paper?

analioness said:
Paint? Why not just stick on paper?

You could but I think paint would be easier & last longer, easier to make repairs if need be because of scratches or dings if they happened. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about the bubbles I couldn't quite get out. :)

Back
Top Bottom