Tank problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ptor28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know nothing about fish tanks, but have wanted a fish tank for a while. I just bought a 55-gallon corner tank today through the classifieds. I believe it was used as a saltwater tank. The back corner of the tank is sectioned off (overflow?), and there are two holes in the bottom of the tank in that section. There was also a Amiracle filtration system included, a hose, two plastic nut and bolt looking things and a bunch of other stuff. Can I use this tank as a freshwater tank? What do I do about the holes? I'm kind of scared to start filling this tank until I know more about the holes, and whether this sounds normal or not. I appreciate any help.

[center:dce34f4f53] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, ptor28! :n00b: [/center:dce34f4f53]

Wow! What a find! I'm sure the tank can be turned around for FW, but I'm not a mechanical person. Someone on this site will be able to help you!

the holes are for the filtration cycle, (canister filter). yeah that sounds like it was a salt water setup. the back part is where the water flows through some bio balls filled to the top. then a filter would cycle that water back into the tank.

I would post some questions over in the General Hardware or even in the DIY section about how to convert this tank.

Back
Top Bottom