Tank switching to Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailingsprout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, I have a columbian shark who started to get skin issues, so we moved him over to a new tank (30 gallon) and are going to be acclimating him to salt... we're at the start of the acclimation, so I figured it'd be a good time to give him tank mates so I can start acclimating all at once. Who can he live with? (I know that he's gonna be giant - we'll be moving him into a 55 when we get our 90...that'll happen within the year...or when it's needed...whichever comes first...) I've got mollies in there with him now, but they can be moved over to the guppy tank if that makes more sense for everyone. I kinda want to get a figure 8 puffer. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/hide.gif

I know they're aggressive, but I also know that they have successfully been in community tanks, and I'm wondering what you all think. So, I guess the questions are: can the puffer live with the shark? and if so, can the mollies stay? and if the puffer can't live with the shark, who can I get so that the shark has company? he's so social...

thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom