Tank too full?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marge02144

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 37 gallon tank. I want to stock it with 4 males, and 12 females. I also have a molly, two platies, and a zebra danio. Is this too much?

Only 1 danio? Poor guy must be lonely... They love to race around tanks in groups of 6 or more.

Personally I'd say that's too many guppies... Even before they start having fry you're heavily stocked imo. I agree with the previous poster too on the fry issue, that tank will be busting at the seams from guppy fry in no time flat. I'd drop back on the numbers of guppies and either rehome or get some buddies for the danio. Fewer guppies would help limit how fast the guppies are dropping new babies on you too.

Sorry to jump in but I'm new to this and I just got my first fish tank and I need a lil help??

Kt23 - You'll get more help if you start your own thread with your questions rather than asking them in someone else's thread ;)

Guppies

Thank you so much guys! I talked to my LFS and they said they would purchase the fry!

Back
Top Bottom