Tank too small? More fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nevaehleon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 ACFs and 1 pleco in a ten gallon. The ACFs are only 1" and the pleco is probally a little bitt smaller. I know I will need a larger tank eventually, but how big, and how soon? My frogs and my pleco do just fine getting along. I don't think my frogs really care that my pleco is there. I was also wondering if I could add Cories in to the tank, and how big of a tank I woul need eventually. Hope you can help!! BI!:D

about a 125 gallon tank and what are acf's? african clawed fogs could kill corys. what kind of pleco also a common will need a 125

The pleco, assuming it is the common variety, could reach nearly 24" long.

I believe those require upwards of 75 gallons to properly house. Someone more experienced should probably chime in, though.

Your frogs, however, are fine in the 10-gallon.

a 75 gallon is NOT sifficient the common pleco would take up half of the tank and not be able to mov very good

What kind of pleco are we talking about here? If it's a common pleco, 75 gallon minimum, if not bigger. If it's a bristlenose, which I assume it is because it's in the tag, twenty gallons or more. If it's an oto, ten gallon is fine, fifteen preferrably.

allaboutfish said:
a 75 gallon is NOT sifficient the common pleco would take up half of the tank and not be able to mov very good

Ok! I did say "upwards of" and asked for an expert to comment.

i know it's just they get very large im hoping he has a bristlenose

an i didnt mean to be rude if that's how i sounded

Last edited by a moderator:
the ACFs will need a 20 gallon tank by themselves,they get 6" long,and require 10 gallons each.

ok so sorry for the delay. Yes it is a bristlenosed pleco yes they are African Clawed Frogs but they are both MALE acfs and im 99.9% sure the pleco is a male too.

you can only keep 1 of the frogs if you dont upgrade,if you upgrade to a 20,you can keep both. i wouldnt suggest keeping the pleco and the frogs together,you might come home to a pleco carcass.

Back
Top Bottom