Tank wont cycle-its been 2 months! help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what now?

so here are the latest tests! I have done no water changes since 9-3.

Ammonia is now 0.0 PPM! yeah.
NitrItes are still at 0.0 PPM (they never elevated that I saw)
and NitrAtes are still at 20 PPM

I did the ammonia twice just to be sure, they look maybe a little green in pic but in real life they are yellow definitively.

SO...Is this tank fully cycled?
What should I do next?
How high should I let Nitrates get before doing PWC?

I am happy to report there was no loss of fish. 11 fish in a 14 gallon, all still happy. couple snails came out of hiding too.

I appreciate the advice.

Attachments

• 9-10.jpg
    9-10.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 38
Looks like you are there, congrats! I would still test periodically, but not daily. Maybe every other day for one week, every 2-3 days the next week, and so on, assuming it stays 0's. Eventually you'll get to where you don't test at all unless something is off kilter or if you've added stock recently.

Looks like you are there, congrats! I would still test periodically, but not daily. Maybe every other day for one week, every 2-3 days the next week, and so on, assuming it stays 0's. Eventually you'll get to where you don't test at all unless something is off kilter or if you've added stock recently.

Thanks, when should I do water changes. I would like to base it on levels at least for the first week or so. Thought there would be a nitrate level that I should not let it get to. thoughts?

Most people shoot for <20ppm. Assuming the tank continues processing ammonia/nitrite then you can cut back to weekly PWCs. (some people go a few weeks, but its your call really.) Volume of PWC can be figured based on nitrate readings.

Back
Top Bottom