Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tap to Tank Water Changer

All, what is the best Tap to Tank Water Changer. I see the Python is popular, but any others that may be cheaper. Any drawbacks to the Python? Likes or Dislikes of this brand or any others? Also, when you add water conditioner (dechlor), do you add it while filling the tank or after using the Tap to Tank changer? Thanks for the help.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

i use a python no spill.... i love it, every hobbiest should have one. cuts you tank maintenance in half

Old 01-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
There is also the aqueon water changer. They have amazing reviews on amazon. I think it is slightly cheaper than the python one.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Look It Up

Aqueon is cheaper and does the same thing. I have one, it's great.

When you use this, you would add dechlorinator to the tank after draining the water and before you refill. You'll add enough dechlorinator for the whole volume of the tank, not just the water you are replacing (check the bottle for dosages) and then refill.
librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have the aqueon one and I have to say my old python was waaay better quality. My aqueon has started leaking where it hooks to the faucet at all the conection points and I haven't even had it for 6 months. I replaced the rubber seals and it still leaks. I will most likely buy a python again soon.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com