tap water & water changes..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zephyr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I used to live in the country & used rain water for my water changes, & the fish seemed to thrive with it.

I moved to the city to study at university, and haven't kept a tank for ages. I desire to re-enter the hobby, but my obstacle is that I have never needed to use tap water before, and I don't know how to treat it before I would use it in an aquarium??

I'm sure most ppl face this difficulty everyday, but it is new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated : )

Prime is highly recomended. It will treat chlorine and chloromines, the 2 big concerns. And it does not include any additives your may not need. It seems a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. :D

Might be a good idea to pick up some test kits, if you haven't already. Besides keeping an eye on the tank water, you can see what your tap water is like. Hardness, kH, possible nitrites, etc. This could influence what fish you decide to keep.

HTH and Good Luck!!!

Prime is recommended by 49 out of 50 AA members. We know this because we've done threads asking what conditioner to use and its really just a list of people saying "Prime"

Prime is really the same stuff as other brands, but it seems to be more concentrated. It's more bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom