Tell me if what im doing is right- please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it says I can't add anymore meds until after 4 days

I vacuumed up all the extra food that was making it foggy, and i let a filter from another tank run.

I will do a water change later today. What water should I use? New water or water from the other tank?

Also, he made it throo the nite once again =o)
I can't tell if he is doing better or not, tho. He seems to be getting better but very slowly

Just keep doing water changes frequently..I would say daily and keep him salted. And unless ick is a problem don't have him in a high temp. A gold is really healthier when kept at 75 and below.]

I almost got a fancy to save yesterday..all the oranda at our petsmart are eating each other. One was a calico with all balck and white (like dalmation) and one yellow spot on its head. Very very peculiar for so many of them to be eating chunks out of the others. Overcrowding I guess. Never did that to see what would happen.

If his swimming really distresess you you can make a bouyancy harness as many do for fancy golds that are having swim bladder probs :p

I don't have a spare heater to put in his tank.. so his water is nice and cold.

He doesn't seem to be swimming at all right now, however he isn't wedged inbetween anything. Seems like a good sign.

I hand fed him and he ate a little bit last nite. I guess I will use the gravel vac to get up the old food and add in more water.

I can add in more meds on Monday. But thats only a few days away so it should be okay.

Did you not say anything to petsmart about it? I would have marched up there and complained like no other! hehe

They hate me there..^_^..
I mentioned that maybe spreadung the fish around into the 6 emoty tanks would be good and that they should unmix the types. The all just came in so I think the habit is from the farm they came from...>shudders< eeegh!

When i had a water dragon, I would go into Planet Pet and the way theyhad their water dragon habitat was COMPLETELY wrong. There were like 5 major problems with the set up and when i mentioned it to the lady that did the displays of all the "small pets" she argued with me. Its like "how dare a 17 yr old tell me I am wrong"
Ugh, stupid lady

he is still alive.. he struggles when I try to "hold him" which is a good sign i guess because that means he has a little more energy to be like "hey, quit that"
I did a 25% water change and added more meds. I should go hand feed him here in a little bit. If he has gone this far, I really hope he pulls through this. Only time will tell.

I can't tell if the area of "skin" that was sucked off is healing or not. I have a picture of it in my gallery. Its almost like its scabbing over- but its white and squishy. I dunno, it doesn't look *bad* but Ive never had this happen to a fish before so I don't know what to expect.

I havn't disposed of his body yet. I don't know what I want to do with it. Im not going to flush it, he was too good for a flushing. I think im going to put him to rest in the pond thats outside my backdoor. I did that with my betta, Sir Edward the 3rd, even tho the fishies will eat his body... its kinda like reincarnation

I live in an apt, I have no flower garden =o(

When i was discussing sadly what to do with the body I was like "I don't want to flush him, he is too special to flush... I kinda don't wanna throw him in the pond because all the other fish will eat him.." and then my boyfriend goes sarcasticly "What are you gunna do? Bury him?" and i was like "Hmm... I could do that"
He liked that fish a lot, but he thinks id be crazy for burying him. I dunno.. I really should get him out of the tank before my roomy comes home and freaks out

Take your fish out of the tank and put it in a baggy and place it in the fridge wrapped again in a brown paper bag (so your roomie doesn't see it) to slow decomposition while you are deciding on where to bury the fish. Do you have any friends that have gardens, relatives that live close by? Any parks close by that you can 'sneak' into and bury your fish?

I put him to rest in the pond last nite. The only reason I didn't want to bury him is because a few years down the line id question where he was buried. This way, I can point to the pond and go "my bud lou is there"

Back
Top Bottom