Temporary 60 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dissy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Temporary 60 gallon

Basics:

Started with a 20 gallon, and 3 1" female (well, 2 female, and one still in dispute) convicts. Moved them to a 30 gallon, and added a 1.5" female (I think) Dempsey. Moved to a 60 gallon, and added 3 pictus catfish (sex irrelevant, since they don't breed in captivity from what I've heard).

I now have the following:

Three 2-3" convicts (female)
One 2" female Dempsey
Three 2-1/2 - 3" Pictus catfish

Tank dimensions 39" x 18" by 22", Odyssea cfs 4 canister filter. Ammonia .25, Nitrite 0, Nitrates 20ppm, and going through a bacterial bloom, which I know will work itself out.

I'm planning on moving all of these fish to a 125 gallon tank, with a Fluval FX5, as previously stated elsewhere on the forum, but I'd like to get them all at comparable sizes, so they grow up together (so far this seems to be working, since I don't have any *real* aggression issues.

I'd like to add a 4" oscar, and possibly 1-2 other fish to this mix *before* moving them to the 125 gal.. I'm not the least bit interested in breeding, so would prefer females, as mine have all proven to be less aggressive without males mixed in.

Any suggestions on the other two fish? Looking for semi-aggressive, colorful, and loaded with personality.. Was thinking a Salvini, but don't know what to get for the other... The oscar, I'd like to be a long-finned albino...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom