Testing the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I need to ask this question. What is the best way/product to use to test my water. Up untill now I've been relying on taking water samples to the pet store. But then I read that the test strips they use can be inaccurate. So here I sit concerned about the progress of my tank and what I need to do. What are your experiences ?

A liquid reagent test kit. There are many available, but the API Master FW Test Kit seems to be one of the more reliable for the cost. There are more accurate tests out there, but they're much more expensive. Really, they don't have to be all that accurate, just consistent.... which the API kit is. The 'best' way would probably be with lab grade probes, but that's not usually financially realistic for most hobbyists.

+1 for the API F/W test kit, you can pick one up at any LFS around $30 and even cheaper shipped if you get it online. Although I don't typically advocate for large chains you might be able to find it cheaper on their site or Amazon is always good.

Back
Top Bottom