Tests during cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willikris

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my current tests. In week 5 of fish less cycle. How am I doing? I just got home from a 5 day vacation. The ammonia visible is because my husband dosed it this morning. Ammonia is dropping to zero daily.

Also...what is this white fuzz growing on my air tube. Fungus? Algae??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388348391.017782.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388348400.898920.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388348425.382911.jpg

Posted on the other thread about the fuzzy stuff..

If it can convert all the ammonia in 24 hours then your done. What i would do is a larve water change to get the nirates down and dose ammonia again. If ammonia and nitrites turn into nitrate in 24h then id like to wish you a happy fish keeping

It's looking good but I would do a water change to get the nitrite down so it doesn't slow the cycle. It might be the pic but it look like it might be over 5. But if it isn't everything is looking good and your getting close!

I did about an 80% water change and tests are still reading pretty high. Going to do another and get the nitrites down so my cycle doesn't slow down. Just wanted to check with everyone to make sure I was doing ok. It's my first fish less cycle! :)

It makes me feel better that you guys had the same issue I'm having!!! It sucks...but at least I know I didn't screw up! Lol

I think the worse enemy here is impatience. I have cycled tanks over the years without a single test kit with very good results.

Just out of curiosity...how much longer after u had levels like this were u done cycling?

Still in the middle of this cycle and just did the last change today!
Before the change my levels were
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 5+ppm to dark to ready
Nitrate 160+ again to dark to read
pH 7.6
I am using filter material from my other tank and I have actually only been at it for 5 days! I am actually hoping to have it done by Wednesday. Fingers crossed!
P.S. I have been prepping the filter media for about a month in my other filters.

I think the worse enemy here is impatience. I have cycled tanks over the years without a single test kit with very good results.

You are quite right!! Impatience has taken hold! I will see it through tho!

Still in the middle of this cycle and just did the last change today!
Before the change my levels were
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 5+ppm to dark to ready
Nitrate 160+ again to dark to read
pH 7.6
I am using filter material from my other tank and I have actually only been at it for 5 days! I am actually hoping to have it done by Wednesday. Fingers crossed!
P.S. I have been prepping the filter media for about a month in my other filters.

I'm jealous! Seeding material would have been awesome!

Back
Top Bottom