tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsualum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Finally my aquarium cycled and I added a few neon tetra initially. Water parameters stayed good, so two weeks later (yesterday) I purchased some additional neon tetra. I did not turn the aquarium light on until this morning and discovered that one of the fish I bought yesterday is not a neon tetra, but I think it is a head and tail light tetra. My question is: do I need to get a couple more of this type tetra (I am not fully stocked) or will this one be okay with the neons? Thanks for your opinions!

Finally my aquarium cycled and I added a few neon tetra initially. Water parameters stayed good, so two weeks later (yesterday) I purchased some additional neon tetra. I did not turn the aquarium light on until this morning and discovered that one of the fish I bought yesterday is not a neon tetra, but I think it is a head and tail light tetra. My question is: do I need to get a couple more of this type tetra (I am not fully stocked) or will this one be okay with the neons? Thanks for your opinions!
I could give you more accurate advice if I had a picture to go by, but the best thing to do is take the loner back to the store. If you thought it was just to die for, read up on the fish and then go back to the store and get more of its kind.

Hope I helped!

I did call the store and was told the lone fish is a white cloud. I was told they would switch it out for the neon tetra I thought I buying. Will they actually put it back in their tank after it has been in my tank or will they destroy it? I hate to think of that, I should have checked the bag more carefully in the store.
I am learning as I go.

I did call the store and was told the lone fish is a white cloud. I was told they would switch it out for the neon tetra I thought I buying. Will they actually put it back in their tank after it has been in my tank or will they destroy it? I hate to think of that, I should have checked the bag more carefully in the store.
I am learning as I go.
They will not destroy it. That's money down the drain. They'll just sell it to the next person who is trying to get White Cloud Minnows.

Always here to help, so if you have any more questions I'd be happy to help you. (Just make sure to make a different thread for the different questions!)

Back
Top Bottom