Tetra Schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
How many schools of tetra can you put in a 15 gallon tank? I was hoping for 2 schools of 10 fish. Preferably Neons and Emporers.
Thank you for sharing your expierence!

I would only do one school of tetras and a 3-4 Cory catfish on the bottom. What are the tank detentions (l,h,w)?

Emperor tetras aren't really appropriate for a tank that size. A school of 10 neons might be nice though, but I would be very conservative stocking past that point.

O i thought minimum for a school of Emporers was a 10 gallon?
Do would 10 neons and say 5 panda cories stock the tank?
Dimensions: L 13 W 13 H 19 (in)

Not the best? Is there a problem with this?
No haha, I'm just not 100 percent sure its fully stocked. You could check on aqadvisor for some help, but someone else can try to confirm. I'm not the best at stocking matters haha:)

Most tetras are pretty active and need a bigger footprint to be happy. Although your tank is 14 gallons a longer tank would give you better options.

So would any tetra species be recommended for this tank?

I've kept a school of 6 neons in a 10 gallon. Some will disagree that it's too small for them. I do realize that your tank is a few gallons bigger so I'd go with 8 neons. If your going to plant, leave swimming room.

Alright thanks I think 8 neons and a few Cory's would look really good even though I wanted another school of tetras. Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom