Thanks All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazymom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks for the advice and support, I appreciate this forum and the experts who like to help out us rookies!

The three tetras are a beautiful addition to my 55 gal tank. They are white with big lacy fins. One has a few grey tiger stripes (we call him Yoda after our grey striped tabby) The 'dirty' filter I added from my friend's tank is a Top Fin 60 double filter. So now I keep doing pcw's how often?? Is everyother day too much? In my 55 gal if I do about 8 gallons at a time, that ok? As soon as the test kit arrives I'll post the numbers, hopefully there are clear directions on how to use it.

Thanks again, so far so good.........

Do partial water changes as needed. With the addition of the "dirty" filter, you shouldn't really have any issues. After putting it on the tank for 2 days, I'd take a water sample to the lfs and have them test the water. Get exact numbers, not just "It looks good". If the ammonia is above 1, do a water change. Other than that, I'd do a 20% water change weekly which is 11 gal.

Back
Top Bottom