Thanks to Eco23 and the rest of you, my fishless cycle is finally complete!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firteen888

Aquarium Advice Activist
I never thought I'd be able to start this thread, but I'm happy to say that after almost 3 long months, my tank is officially cycled!! :eek: I want to give a HUGE shoutout to Eco23. He encouraged me to continue with the fishless cycle when I had come close to giving up. While I want to thank you all for all the help I have received over the past few months, I couldn't be more grateful for all the help I have received from Eco23, he was there every step of the way and helped me EVERY time I needed it. (y)

So for those having some problems with their fishless cycles, I say stick with it. Don't hesitate to come to this forum and ask question, there are so many helpful kind-hearted people here that are willing to help in any way that they can. I am grateful to all of you.

Now on to the next stage....fish! I have a stocking list that I will post separately to get your ideas.

Thanks again Eco23 and everyone else who helped me along the way! :thanks:

Glad it worked out. Make sure you throw some reputation points Eco's way since he helped you out so much. :)

Congrats :). No thanks is needed, you did all the work. I'm proud of the dedication and commitment you showed...and I'm sure overcoming the challenges will make it all that much sweeter when you see your new fish swimming around in the wonderful home you built for them. Enjoy your fish! :)

Thanks Libray! Considering your ammonia is dropping, I bet you'll have a similar thread soon enough!

firteen888 said:
I never thought I'd be able to start this thread, but I'm happy to say that after almost 3 long months, my tank is officially cycled!! :eek: I want to give a HUGE shoutout to Eco23. He encouraged me to continue with the fishless cycle when I had come close to giving up. While I want to thank you all for all the help I have received over the past few months, I couldn't be more grateful for all the help I have received from Eco23, he was there every step of the way and helped me EVERY time I needed it. (y)

So for those having some problems with their fishless cycles, I say stick with it. Don't hesitate to come to this forum and ask question, there are so many helpful kind-hearted people here that are willing to help in any way that they can. I am grateful to all of you.

Now on to the next stage....fish! I have a stocking list that I will post separately to get your ideas.

Thanks again Eco23 and everyone else who helped me along the way! :thanks:

Congratulations on being able to do the happy dance, or should I say,the happy swim, about your tank finally cycling!!! I was following your journey every step because I too was on the fishless cycle journey following the same Eco23 plan. Yesterday my tank completed it's cycle, complete with ammonia doses, water changes and all!!!! Today I turned back the heater and changed 90% of the water. Almost ready for fish. One more test to do, than I'll be ready to go! You did a great job. It feels great to go fishless, doesn't it?

Congratulations on being able to do the happy dance, or should I say,the happy swim, about your tank finally cycling!!! I was following your journey every step because I too was on the fishless cycle journey following the same Eco23 plan. Yesterday my tank completed it's cycle, complete with ammonia doses, water changes and all!!!! Today I turned back the heater and changed 90% of the water. Almost ready for fish. One more test to do, than I'll be ready to go! You did a great job. It feels great to go fishless, doesn't it?

Glad you're done cycling too!! It def feels rewarding to have been patient enough to complete the cycle. Can't wait to get fish in the tank later tonight or tomorrow! Congrats!

Thanks...I feel excited to have gone this route. It was exciting but scary at the same time. I have cycled a tank before... with fish... And can't believe what those poor fish had to go through! They ALL survived, which was an absolute miracle. I decide that if I ever cycled a tank again, it would be fishless!

Newfisher said:
Thanks...I feel excited to have gone this route. It was exciting but scary at the same time. I have cycled a tank before... with fish... And can't believe what those poor fish had to go through! They ALL survived, which was an absolute miracle. I decide that if I ever cycled a tank again, it would be fishless!

All is well....we are opened for business. I have put in a few Red-eyed tetras to try out the waters. All is going swimmingly!:)

Pics will be coming soon. Got fish in the tank yesterday so keeping the light off until later. I'll take some video and pics. Btw...glofish look awesome under actinic and LED lighting!! They even have neon blue glofish now!

Their color doesn't stick out as mich as the other colors, but I'm sure they lookawesome with the light on. I'll find out tonight.

My guys are rather non-descript, but pictures are coming. I too keep them in the tank yesterday without lights to get them feeling comfy, but today the lights are on and the camera was clicking. Pictures are forth-coming!

Eco is a good guy! he helped me big time with my first set up. Another shout out for eco!

momo said:
Eco is a good guy! he helped me big time with my first set up. Another shout out for eco!

Welcome back Momo, have you been ok?

Eco is the man, he's currently advising me on my fishless cycle which is going amazingly well, can't give enough praise to him! Top man!

Deckape said:
Welcome back Momo, have you been ok?

Oh and deckape is another person i couldnt of done it without!

Im great. My tank is flourishing thank yoy:]

Back
Top Bottom