The Dangora 10 Gallon Build and Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, tank size, bigger tanks are a lot more fun :) and I now use my 10 for a QT, which is really handy to have.
Looks like your cycle is coming along well!

I know I'm excited I am starting up a 29 gallon too. Im limited to just my bedroom for space, so I have a 10 on my dresser, I have the 29 that I'm gonna build a stand for, and I'm gonna buy a 10x10" cube (about 5 gallons I think) for next to my computer.

I can't wait for this to finish cycling. The day it does, I'm probably going straight to buy a betta lol.

I'm still wondering what fish to use in this tank. I'm thinking celestial pearls 6-9 and a betta.

Another test today, dosed ammo back to 4.0 around 7 last night.

Ammonia - .5-1ppm
Nitrites - 5+

Wondering if I should do a pwc or is the nitrites fine in high concentration? Gonna add a little more ammonia and check again tomorrow.

Rummy nose tetras do pretty well with betta's iv found from past experiences and rummy noses r great schooling fish to watch, only thing is people might suggest more than 10g for them I'm not 100% on that?

I think I also read that they prefer a mature tank so this might just be a betta tank for a little.

They sometimes take a stupidly long time to come down. Mine was opposite, my ammo went down, redose, down, redose etc for 3.5 weeks, then nitrites suddenly appeared and disappeared in 4-5 days. Haven't seen them since. It was really weird.

Oh I did dose it back up. I probably should have said that. I out ammo in and I usually test within 18-24 hours and its gone.

Dangora said:
Oh I did dose it back up. I probably should have said that. I out ammo in and I usually test within 18-24 hours and its gone.

Once you dose the ammo, test again in an hr or 2 to make sure you didn't over dose

Thanks, and congratulations, post pics soon, I'd love to see them.

Tested for Nitrites; 0 !!!!

Just added some ammonia, gonna test in a half hour and try my 24 hour test.

Gonna order a halfmoon plakat (probably on aquabid, anyone who has gotten fish from aquabid, I'd love to hear good stories). I then will order CPDs eventually. Maybe pygmy cories if I have room.

Just tested ammonia. It's a little over 4ppm but definitely under 8. Let the 24 hour test begin.

Not yet :( ammonia is between one and two and nitrites is 0 (tested this morning, nitrites were really high). Gonna dose back up and do a water change tomorrow night for the nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom