The fish i want in my 50g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here is the list of fish I want to get for my new 50g community tank. If u have any other suggestions and or concerns with the compatibility let me know.

(I won't be putting them all in in one sitting but over time.) so here it is

2 bristlenose plecos
4 peppered Cory cats
12 harlequin rasbora
2 dwarf gourami (I already own these)
2 marble veil angelfish

So let me know what u guys think! Thank you! :)

Looks good! With a 50g you could definitely do more cories than that though. Keep an eye on the DGs too, as they mature they might start to fight. Another showpiece-type fish you can look into are German blue rams.

I love rainbow fish! Get a shoal of about five in your tank and it will really add to it in my opinion! :) I recently just added 5 praecox rainbowfish to my tank and they're my new favorite fish!

That's a good mix of fish.
Maybe add a couple of Platies or Mollies? I'd just recommend a same-sex couple unless you want to breed, in which case get at least 2f for each male.
I've got 2 red platies in my 50G, and it's nice to just have a bright red spot swimming around anotherwise blue/green/white/grey tank.

So here is the list of fish I want to get for my new 50g community tank. If u have any other suggestions and or concerns with the compatibility let me know.

(I won't be putting them all in in one sitting but over time.) so here it is

2 bristlenose plecos
4 peppered Cory cats
12 harlequin rasbora
2 dwarf gourami (I already own these)
2 marble veil angelfish

So let me know what u guys think! Thank you! :)

I think you could up your peppered cories, I have some and I love them! I would do atleast 5, maybe even more!

Thanks everyone for the tips! So DGs will fight other fish or just with each other? And I'll add another Cory to the mix and I will look at a couple rainbow fish or mollies :) any suggestions on the order they should be introduced to the tank if it even matters? And also how long should I wait between adding the next type of fish?

Thanks everyone for the tips! So DGs will fight other fish or just with each other? And I'll add another Cory to the mix and I will look at a couple rainbow fish or mollies :) any suggestions on the order they should be introduced to the tank if it even matters? And also how long should I wait between adding the next type of fish?

Good choice on those harlequins hope u like them!!

I would scrath the DG and make it 3 or 4 angels. Also, you could easily up the cories to 6-8. For order, I would add cories first ( most hardy). Then any other fish and the harlequins. Angels last. This is beacuse depending on how big the angels are, they may thing the rasboras are food if you drop them in after, just like being fed.

I would consider only keeping one BN Pleco. I have been told from multiple sources that when grown, they do not do well with eachother. They prefer to be the "only" pleco in the tank. I don't know how true this is, but was advised when I was getting mine to only get one (as I was considering 2 also).

I would scrath the DG and make it 3 or 4 angels. Also, you could easily up the cories to 6-8. For order, I would add cories first ( most hardy). Then any other fish and the harlequins. Angels last. This is beacuse depending on how big the angels are, they may thing the rasboras are food if you drop them in after, just like being fed.

Hey thanks for the order.. I think I will follow that when I start adding fish to the tank. But as far as the DGs I already own them so I can't really X them out... Is there a reason why u said don't do the DGs?

I would consider only keeping one BN Pleco. I have been told from multiple sources that when grown, they do not do well with eachother. They prefer to be the "only" pleco in the tank. I don't know how true this is, but was advised when I was getting mine to only get one (as I was considering 2 also).

Ok so one BN pleco? Will they be able to combat the algae in a 50 gallon tank?!

Well, sometimes angels and DG can fight each other, as both are long finned and semi aggressive. They could be ok, but just watch them closley.

FishDaAx said:
Ok so one BN pleco? Will they be able to combat the algae in a 50 gallon tank?!

If you're having an algae problem, the BNPs won't solve it. You would need to figure out if it was a lighting issue or a water quality issue. But yes, one BNP would work fine in your tank. I had 2 in a 45gal. And they started fighting pretty visciously as they matured. So I had to place one in another tank. You could do one BNP and maybe another species of small pleco, like a clown.

If you're having an algae problem, the BNPs won't solve it. You would need to figure out if it was a lighting issue or a water quality issue. But yes, one BNP would work fine in your tank. I had 2 in a 45gal. And they started fighting pretty visciously as they matured. So I had to place one in another tank. You could do one BNP and maybe another species of small pleco, like a clown.

I don't have an algae problem. The tank has not even been set up yet. I was trying to cover my bases so I don't have a problem in the future. :)

I would do one pleco and up the corys to 6-8. The gouramis and angels might have problems though; they both inhabit the same tank region and can be territorial.

Back
Top Bottom