The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am definitely going to look into those, and probably buy some from you.

Why are root tabs better for crypts and swords specifically?

George9 said:
I am definitely going to look into those, and probably buy some from you.

Why are root tabs better for crypts and swords specifically?

They are heavy root feeders

I'll pick some of those up if I decide to go for swords or crypts.

But, just curious....What happens to them if they don't get root tabs?

I'll pick some of those up if I decide to go for swords or crypts.

But, just curious....What happens to them if they don't get root tabs?

In my tanks, they often melt when they don't get root tabs. Sometimes they don't recover. It's made all the difference since I started using them. They're also growing faster for me than they have before.

severum mama said:
In my tanks, they often melt when they don't get root tabs. Sometimes they don't recover. It's made all the difference since I started using them. They're also growing faster for me than they have before.

I gotta make sure I use those then!

Are there any certain brands you recommend?

The only brand I have used is Seachem, so keep that in mind, but yes I'd recommend them.

severum mama said:
The only brand I have used is Seachem, so keep that in mind, but yes I'd recommend them.

Good! Those were the ones I was looking at. :D

severum mama said:

How many root tabs are in the 10 pack?

After much careful consideration and intense calculation, I would predict that a 10 pack would have approximately 9-11 tabs. This is, in no way, any concrete answer, just an educated guess from a fellow hobbyist.

mfdrookie516 said:
After much careful consideration and intense calculation, I would predict that a 10 pack would have approximately 9-11 tabs. This is, in no way, any concrete answer, just an educated guess from a fellow hobbyist.

This is really hard to do considering its over messaging...but im going to go out on a limb here and say your joking/sarcastic...very funny lol:)

I thought that 10 pack meant possibly 10 packs, each containing say several tabs. Theres my reasoning. Lol.

ANYWHO! George, when is this tank going to be up and running??

Gboy66 said:
This is really hard to do considering its over messaging...but im going to go out on a limb here and say your joking/sarcastic...very funny lol:)

I thought that 10 pack meant possibly 10 packs, each containing say several tabs. Theres my reasoning. Lol.

ANYWHO! George, when is this tank going to be up and running??

If everything goes as planned, dec 26!

I told my grandma I wanted a fluval 305 and my parents that I wanted 60 lbs of black sand.

I already found the filter by accident at my gmas house though.....oops! :p

George9 said:
If everything goes as planned, dec 26!

I told my grandma I wanted a fluval 305 and my parents that I wanted 60 lbs of black sand.

I already found the filter by accident at my gmas house though.....oops! :p

Lol!!! Naughty!!

I got the black sand! I could check that off my list :)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I'm rinsing some of this black sand, I put it in a bucket with water and in swishing it around and stuff. The water keeps turning dark black. Should I rinse it until the water is clear?

Back
Top Bottom