The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
Yeah, I hope it does too :) you don't know until you try!

Gboy-you fed yours twice a week right? How should I go about feeding him when I try in s few days? I have frozen brine shrimp for now

Hey man, looks good. Im not sure if that is the average peacock, i think yours is in the same family but a tiny bit different, due to the markings on the back. Yours will grow a bit bigger, and have a bigger mouth i think. Should do well in the 60 though regardless.

Yeah, 2 times a week. I would just find his hiding spot and shake some worms right around him. Hopefully someday he will come to your hand to eat like mine, but until then feed at night ans shoo away all the other fish so he gets it all!

Gboy66 said:
Hey man, looks good. Im not sure if that is the average peacock, i think yours is in the same family but a tiny bit different, due to the markings on the back. Yours will grow a bit bigger, and have a bigger mouth i think. Should do well in the 60 though regardless.

Yeah, 2 times a week. I would just find his hiding spot and shake some worms right around him. Hopefully someday he will come to your hand to eat like mine, but until then feed at night ans shoo away all the other fish so he gets it all!

Cool, sounds easy enough. I think it's a striped peacock. I've heard lots are different and mismarked at the store.

He's out and about last time I checked and acclimated well. I'm so glad I got one :) anyone have a suggestion for a name?

Yes, striped peacock. Thats the name, was on the tip of my tongue.

Well, one member named their eel Gonzo because of its nose and thays a character on seseme street with a big nose.

Jack and i named ours Nu-Nu becausethats the vacumm cleaner on tele-tubbies with...once again, a big nice.

Based on that, your new eels name is squidward. Man that squid rocks a giant Shnoz..lol

Gboy66 said:

Well, one member named their eel Gonzo because of its nose and thays a character on seseme street with a big nose.

Jack and i named ours Nu-Nu becausethats the vacumm cleaner on tele-tubbies with...once again, a big nice.

Based on that, your new eels name is squidward. Man that squid rocks a giant Shnoz..lol

I thought yours was a striped peacock as well? I guess not then.

Gonzo is The Muppets, not Sesame Street, I think. At least thats what I remember from that new Muppet movie I saw. I love the name Nu Nu, my sister doesn't like it. But she'll deal. I don't wanna copy you guys either though. Maybe I will anyway haha.
I was never a big spongebob fan, so naming him squidward wouldnt work lol. Squidwards face also reminds me of something I don't wanna think about when I look at the eel, if you catch my drift. this went too far :D
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Nu-Nu..... :) nice eel!!! You will love yours! I miss mine.. :(
Thanks :) why don't you guys visit Nu-Nu sometime? He's in L.A right? That's like an hour away, I think?

I'm gonna continue to think of names, if I can't think of anything else I'll name him Nu-Nu.

Gboy, you're right about Gonzo on Sesame Street. I though he was just on the Muppets lol

Anywho. I've decided to name him Fez because I was watching That 70's Show last night, and I kinda liked it. So Fez it is! He was out a lot during the day today, i didn't expect that so soon :)

My purple cabomba has really awesome purple/pinkish tops now because of the new lighting!

im squidward im squidward im squidward squiward squidward :ROFLMAO: . love that show. You could also name him grover or elmo as they both sport quite large noses

Hahaha ok, no squid. I got your drift hahah

Well, i am muy happy for you! Btw, nunu didnt go to austin unfortunatly. Couldnt work out a time so he went to the lfs:/

George9 said:
My purple cabomba has really awesome purple/pinkish tops now because of the new lighting!
That's great! When was the last time you changed your CO2 mix?

skywhitney said:
That's great! When was the last time you changed your CO2 mix?

Funny you asked. Just tonight. This is my third time changing it since I started.

I'm gonna call the lfs today too and see if they'd give me store credit for the angels. Then I'll get a nice school of something with that money. Can't be small enough to be eaten by Fez though. I'm thinking Rosy barbs or Cherry barbs.

George9 said:
Funny you asked. Just tonight. This is my third time changing it since I started.

I'm gonna call the lfs today too and see if they'd give me store credit for the angels. Then I'll get a nice school of something with that money. Can't be small enough to be eaten by Fez though. I'm thinking Rosy barbs or Cherry barbs.

A nice school of Cherry Barbs would look great in your tank :)

I just called four different stores. No one has room for them! I might have to sell them on AA and see if anyone would be interested

Dude i dont think fez would harm any tetras except maybe small neons or something that size. People said that Nu-Nu would eat my glowlights but he never cared for them. When i got credit for mu glowlights they sold them as "jumbo glowlight tetras" those babys were truley massive.

George9 said:
I just called four different stores. No one has room for them! I might have to sell them on AA and see if anyone would be interested

Hmm...wellAA would be a good place and you know they'd go to good home :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude i dont think fez would harm any tetras except maybe small neons or something that size. People said that Nu-Nu would eat my glowlights but he never cared for them. When i got credit for mu glowlights they sold them as "jumbo glowlight tetras" those babys were truley massive.

I read some info online about them possibly making a meal out of smaller tetras, but maybe I could try them.

Screw the cherry barbs, I need more Kerri tetras now! Lol those things are beast

Edit-I read your post wrong. Darn. They will eat smaller tetras. Hmm cherry barbs it is then. Or maybe if I find some kind if cooler fish I'll go that route

I just found a lot of old dying spots of that Diandra so i'm going to trim it and see what i end up with. I'll let you know in a little bit how much i have :)

I'd be interested in just the big one for now. I'm gonna PM you so this deosnt get off topic

Back
Top Bottom