The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
I kinda like bn plecos. Would I be able to add one with the angels still there and hold off on the second apisto until they're gone?

For sure. The angels will be gone soon anyways

Gboy66 said:
For sure. The angels will be gone soon anyways

Yeah, I hope ill get a call from the lfs to take most away! I gotta save up some new cash to get one :( I spent a lot of the fish fund on Fez

My dwarf sag still hasn't taken off sky! It grows, but no new shoots. Is it possible to be buried wrong? Maybe too deep?

George9 said:
My dwarf sag still hasn't taken off sky! It grows, but no new shoots. Is it possible to be buried wrong? Maybe too deep?

Do you have root tabs near it by any chance?

George9 said:
Hmm, no I do not. I will bury a couple in there today. Maybe that's the problem

I don't know if it could be or not. I don't use them but myset up is a little different. I would give them a try and see how it works

skywhitney said:
I don't know if it could be or not. I don't use them but myset up is a little different. I would give them a try and see how it works

I put one in the area the sag is in, so hopefully I'll see some new shoots.

I got some worms too! Hopefully Fez will eat them. Im gonna have trouble getting one to drop in front of him because I don't like worms!

Hmm. I tried to feed him a worm. I picked it up (thank you, thank you lol) and held it in front of him. He pulled it out of mnds and started picking at it for a little while, then he swam away. I tried again, he had no intrest. The worm wasnt dead or even appeared to be harmed when I pulled him out of the tank. Whats the deal? I see videos and the eel slurps the worm right up. Could they be too long? They're probably 2.5", but not very fat. He should slup them right up. I'll try brine shrimp again tomorrow to see if he prefers that.

edit-should I just drop a worm in and leave it overnight? I dunno cuz the angels seemed more interested in the worm than the eel

another edit: haha gboy, I found the thread you made last year asking about peacock eels!! lol

Yep, I found out the worm is definately too big for him. Time for plan b: brine shrimp. I'll thaw it and throw it at him. If that fails plan c: bloodworms (which requires me to get to the lfs ugh) plan d: shrimp pellets. There wil be no plan d though lol

Don't wanna wait too long though. Ive heard lots of stories of eels starving to death

I was swearing at him because I actually picked up a worn for him! Good thing he can't hear me because he's too young to be hearing those kinds of words lol

George9 said:
Yep, I found out the worm is definately too big for him. Time for plan b: brine shrimp. I'll thaw it and throw it at him. If that fails plan c: bloodworms (which requires me to get to the lfs ugh) plan d: shrimp pellets. There wil be no plan d though lol

Don't wanna wait too long though. Ive heard lots of stories of eels starving to death

I was swearing at him because I actually picked up a worn for him! Good thing he can't hear me because he's too young to be hearing those kinds of words lol

If you want something "fun" to try, pick up a mass of blackworms :)

skywhitney said:
If you want something "fun" to try, pick up a mass of blackworms :)

Oh my gosh, don't say that. I'm getting sick laying in bed here. I'll touch frozen blackworms and frozen bloodworms, but not live!! I'm hoping hell eat the shrimp though haha

I have heard that some eat chichlid pellets! Haha its wierd! :) when feeding nu-nu i used to throw the cube in his cave an watch him go to town. ;) he wont starve for a few weeks so you have time!! Good luck!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I have heard that some eat chichlid pellets! Haha its wierd! :) when feeding nu-nu i used to throw the cube in his cave an watch him go to town. ;) he wont starve for a few weeks so you have time!! Good luck!

Thanks :) maybe I'll try my nls thera a pellets and see because I don't have cichlid pellets :) yep I got some time.

George9 said:
Thanks :) maybe I'll try my nls thera a pellets and see because I don't have cichlid pellets :) yep I got some time.

Those NLS Thera-A pellets are awesome! Fez should like those :)

Everything arrived great Sky! You sent so much more than I anticipated. I think the tank is looking great! I'll post some pictures later.

What are the small plants that have leaves that look kinda like lettuce? They look awesome in the very front :)

Thanks so much :D

George9 said:
Everything arrived great Sky! You sent so much more than I anticipated. I think the tank is looking great! I'll post some pictures later.

What are the small plants that have leaves that look kinda like lettuce? They look awesome in the very front :)

Thanks so much :D

You shall now feel my pain as far as Water Sprite goes!! MUAHAHA!!

I'm glad everything made it, i added a few small water sprite plants (lettuce looking guys) and i think there were a couple Rotala stems in there as well. :)

Awaiting pics :)

skywhitney said:
You shall now feel my pain as far as Water Sprite goes!! MUAHAHA!!

I'm glad everything made it, i added a few small water sprite plants (lettuce looking guys) and i think there were a couple Rotala stems in there as well. :)

Awaiting pics :)

Wow, those little water sprite dudes grow that big? Lol I can't wait!! Now that you mention it, I did see some totals stems in there!

Pics are uploading :)

George9 said:
Wow, those little water sprite dudes grow that big? Lol I can't wait!! Now that you mention it, I did see some totals stems in there!

Pics are uploading :)

The last water sprite i gave away was 23" from base to tip of leaves :). You probably won't have to wait very long!

2pt5qw2.jpg
Haha, You think you screwed me with the water sprite (jk lol), but I actually want it to grow tall haha. I actually have to make a powerpoint in school about invasive species, and I put water sprite on there. Oh, and believe it or not, Peacock eels are supposedly invasive too. So I'm gonna put Fez on there :)

One side:
2lm88ec.jpg

Fezzy boy:
efqo0l.jpg

FTS
10seozq.jpg

Other side:

Oh yeah, I took the background off to clean, and I was to lazy to put it back. But I kinda like it :) Cabomba still growing like crazy, got new leaves on my anubias for the first time, lots of new wisteria growth, and my Amazon sword is looking great after the old leaves are gone :) Oh, and the rotala stopped dying!!! :) These bulbs are great

Back
Top Bottom