The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
I can't believe it. My little buddy Fez has unexpectedly passed away :( I just fed him yesterday and all was normal. Today, he's hanging in the rotala, eyes cloudy. I don't know what happened. I'm gonna bury him in the back yard.

This is my worst loss yet.

edit: he has a cut near his tail somehow. Maybe he got caught in the filter or something. Wait, he isn't completely dead yet. He has only a little bit of life left. I guess this means i have to put him down :(

Awwwwww!!!!! Dangit.....

Gboy66 said:
Awwwwww!!!!! Dangit.....

Yeah, I wish I knew exactly what happened to the poor guy :(

I want another, but not so soon lol. Its like replacing a dog. Except eels are a few hundred dollars cheaper :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me out in this thread!

Its lived a (very) long life, and its about time I end it.

:) wow, 1983 posts lol and 11 months, that has to be a record for a build thread!!

George9 said:
Thanks to everyone who helped me out in this thread!

Its lived a (very) long life, and its about time I end it.

:) wow, 1983 posts lol and 11 months, that has to be a record for a build thread!!

Not longer than mine;)

Why close it?

Eh keep it open in case you need it. I keep mine open in case I have any questions.

I dont have the power to close it anyway :p

She passed last weekend :( I picked up another one today :) shes smaller and similar looking, except hardly blue

lol gboy, you're right

Here she is. Already eating like a pig and is extremely active, like really really active. Perhaps abnormally active for an angel lol

ForumRunner_20121129_152733.jpg

I think I know the cause of the algae! Before the new scape, algae wasnt a huge problem. But once I removed my cabomba and wisteria jungle, the algae shot up because camomba and wisteria are nutrient hogs.... at least I think this could be a reason.

Now, to buy some wisteria, I'm staying away from cambomba lol

Or I could get more water sprite..

IMO the water sprite was a lot easier to control than the Wisteria.

you make a very valid point about the plants being nutrient hogs. Sounds like a large contributor if nothing else.

IMO the water sprite was a lot easier to control than the Wisteria.

you make a very valid point about the plants being nutrient hogs. Sounds like a large contributor if nothing else.

Yep, ill probably get some back in there soon.

Got my FINAL additions yesterday lol.
1 gbr
3 mollies
3 guppies [because I find guppies funny lol]

I already can't find one molly at all, well maybe two but I think one might be dropping fry somewhere, not sure, but the other just disappeared completely.

So the mollies are a little iffy so far, but everyone else is good :)

How's the tank doing?

Great! Nothing really new to report, but the fish are doing well and the algae growth has gone down dramatically :)

But i started treating the gourami for internal parasites, it seems every fish ive gotten from petsmart has had them, so i guess i wont bebuying from them.

My boesmani rainbow will be celebrating his 2nd birthday in a couple months lol

Looking nice and clean! Did you ever get the CO2 system?

Nope, I never did get it. I might sometime in the future, but for now most of the bba doesnt seem to be growing back after I scrape off the dead patches :)

But, I did kinda cheat by using a little algaefix. At least its not coming back lol

The rotala isn't looking as hot as it used to with the decreased lighting. If it continues to rot turn yellow and rot on the lower stems, anyone have any ideas for another tall thick stem plant that would work with my lighting? 54 w t5 ho

The rotala isn't looking as hot as it used to with the decreased lighting. If it continues to rot turn yellow and rot on the lower stems, anyone have any ideas for another tall thick stem plant that would work with my lighting? 54 w t5 ho

How long are the lights on for? The Rotala should be fine under that, it'll just stay green.

Back
Top Bottom