They do the same thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
so basically the ammonia neutralizer does the same thing as the water conditioner its just better?? Would this help with the ammonia in my tap? I know prime is the best but I have lots of Aqueon Coupons :) I also noticed the conditioner aids in slime coat ant the ammo neutralizer does not say that

Aqueon Ammonia Neutralizer

• Neutralizes ammonia and nitrites that can build up in aquarium water
  • Acts as a water conditioner by neutralizing chlorine and chloramines, preparing tap water for fish
  • Safe for fresh and saltwater aquarium
  • Ammonia Neutralizer
    Designed to provide effective solutions to aquarium set up and use
    Ammonia levels will rise naturally due to the accumulation of fish waste and the breakdown of any
    uneaten food in water. Harmful ammonia is neutralized and tap water is conditioned for fish after
    a single dose of Aqueon Ammonia Neutralizer.

Water Conditioner
Designed to provide effective solutions to aquarium setup and use
Neutralizes the chlorine typically found in tap water, making it safe for fish. Helps to reduce the
stress on fish as they become familiar with their new environment. Aids in restoring the natural slime
coat to skin and gills, which can be worn away from netting and transporting fish.

or would you have to use both?? I'm pretty sure the fist one does it all I just don't understand why they sale both I guess and i also wanted to be positive... I'm a little OCD about adding something wrong :ermm:

Your first chemical sounds like Prime, which does everything that you want. You will be good to go for ammonia, nitrite and chlorine/chloramine with the Aqueon stuff. =)

Im scared of prime cause I'm always paranoid i'm not dosing enough.. LOL I'm PARANOID! The Ammo in my tap is making me even more paranoid... gah!
How do you do small doses of prime? I have some ten gallons...

Your first chemical sounds like Prime, which does everything that you want. You will be good to go for ammonia, nitrite and chlorine/chloramine with the Aqueon stuff. =)

That's what I thought and it's way cheaper and I have coupons!! LOL i have a lot of projects going on right now so every penny counts :) LOL However if I HAVE to get prime... well then i shall... :) :dance:

one drop per gallon for prime.

There's several products that do it, Prime is one of the most concentrated, so more bang for your buck. They also make a dry product called Safe, which is even more concentrated.

Im scared of prime cause I'm always paranoid i'm not dosing enough.. LOL I'm PARANOID! The Ammo in my tap is making me even more paranoid... gah!

Each cap has threads and each thread is worth ten gallons.

Flossie said:

I have 2 bottles of Prime, the small one that let's you do drops and a big one to refill the more expensive small bottle. It's a must for me since I use 5g buckets for all my PWC.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... Okay awesome!! Thanks Guys you rock :)

can I go ahead and add prime to my tanks though they are already conditioned?

Awesome... Thanks:) I'm going to have to start using something like that since I now have ammo in tap...

Back
Top Bottom