Thinking about setting up my first brackish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New_b0401

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello AA! I have a few extra tanks sitting around and was thinking about seeing what it would take to set up a brackish tank. I have 3 freshwater tanks (recently reduced from 5 ) a 45 hex with angels a 10 gallon with some multifasciatus shell dwelling cichlids and a 29 gallon planted tank. I'm pretty experienced with keeping fish.

My options for my brackish tank are a 10 gallon, 29 gallon, 20 long, and a 20 tall.
I would like to use the 10 for I have other uses for the others. So any information you can give my about how to set up, maintain, and stock a brackish tank would be great! I would like to use live plants so any suggestions about that is also a plus!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would do the 20 long with mollies and have java fern is a plant. Not sure on any other plants, but they're probably out there.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't do the 10 you will get quick shifts in salinity in such a small volume of water that will kill the fish. I wouldn't do less than 30 since most fish (all of the fun ones IMO) that require brackish also need minimum of 30.

I would do the 20 long with mollies and have java fern is a plant. Not sure on any other plants, but they're probably out there.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In this case he wouldn't need brackish. These both do well in FW.

Back
Top Bottom