Thoughts on this 29 gallon stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesthegator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, thanks for the great information. I think I'm all set for plans on my new 29 gallon setup. I'm upgrading from a 5 gallon - and so excited!! Here are the stock plans:

- 7 Neon Tetra (already have 5)
- 7 Blue Tetra (already have 2 - long story)
- 5 False Julii Cory (already have all 5, another long story)
- 5 Amano Shrimp
- 3 Pitbull Pleco
- 1 German Blue Ram

I'm running a Fluval Aquaclear 50, the temp is right at about 79 F, and i have a few plants/decorations, but plan to add more plans over time. Levels look good and I seeded media from my old tank.

Key questions - how do you feel about the fish selection? Will they be interesting (fill the tank with top, middle, and bottom swimmers)? Any other advice? At this point, I would need to swap because this list gets me to about 90% stocked, and I wouldn't want to go any higher.

Thank you!!!

Hey all, thanks for the great information. I think I'm all set for plans on my new 29 gallon setup. I'm upgrading from a 5 gallon - and so excited!! Here are the stock plans:

- 7 Neon Tetra (already have 5)
- 7 Blue Tetra (already have 2 - long story)
- 5 False Julii Cory (already have all 5, another long story)
- 5 Amano Shrimp
- 3 Pitbull Pleco
- 1 German Blue Ram

I'm running a Fluval Aquaclear 50, the temp is right at about 79 F, and i have a few plants/decorations, but plan to add more plans over time. Levels look good and I seeded media from my old tank.

Key questions - how do you feel about the fish selection? Will they be interesting (fill the tank with top, middle, and bottom swimmers)? Any other advice? At this point, I would need to swap because this list gets me to about 90% stocked, and I wouldn't want to go any higher.

Thank you!!!

If your using aquadvisor you can easily pull 110% percent stocked off,
I'm more of a scientific name guy (mainly because there are soo many common names for the same fish:banghead:), and have no clue what a pitbull pleco, or blue tetras are. Any idea what the scientific name is, or another common name? If the pleco is some sort of bristlenose I'd drop the total down to two, and maybe add one or two more julli corries (y)

Thanks for the advice! Here are the scientific names:

Blue Tetra - Boehlkea fredcochui
Pitbull Pleco - Parotocinclus jumbo

Any other thoughts or ideas on this list? Thank you everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The word "jumbo" in the pit bull pleco's scientific name makes me worry.

The word "jumbo" in the pit bull pleco's scientific name makes me worry.

I had the same concern. They appear to be small plecos and well-suited for a 29 (even a group of 3). However, I'm finding them hard to come by in my area at LFSs.

Any other ideas? I'd like to have an algae sucker (or a few) if possible.

Hi sorry to just jump in to this topic but I wonder if you could help me .. I'm over stocked until I give my guppy fry away. Can you give me any suggestions on how to keep my fish for the next two months?
I have included a list of my 4 tanks
And the fish in them.

I have a 2 gallon fluval spec with-

5 guppy fry and some snails

A 5gallon fluval chi with-

3 Platys,2 ottos and 3 guppy fry

A different 5gallon with a good filter-

5 dwarf frogs and 3 guppy fry

A 26 gallon fluval bowfront with a fluval c3 filter and an extra mini filter(for10-15g) with-

3 plecos(1.5inch each) , 3platy, 2silver mollies, 2 hatchets,2guppies and about 16 guppy fry !!

Today I did partial water changes. Tomorrow I'm going to test all the tanks and start writing it all down.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom