Tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Em89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Parameters: 33 gal. Tank. Ph: 7.4. Ammonia: 0.50. Nitrites: 0.50. Nitrates: 5. did 25% water change yesterday. I have 6 Tb, 11 tetras, 1 pleco, 1 albino rainbow shark. Tank has been running 3 months and has been cycled. Gravel substrate, 3 hidey holes, 2 plastic plants, and a few live plants. So I have a question and I have not had much luck finding an answer so I have joined this site. I've had my tiger barbs since 1 week after setting up my tank and yes I do know now that I should have let it cycle first without fish before putting them in there. Luckily I have most of my tb and tetra and pleco from when I added them only lost 1 tetra and a couple tb the TB were actually sick when I got them unfortunately and I didn't know till too late and no idea y 1 tetra died I suspect my red tetra bullied it. N e ways to my question y do tb hang out at the surface? My babies appear healthy are eating and not being bullied. They have done this since I got them. I don't think there's n e thing wrong but if there is i would like to know. It looks like they just like the bubbles. They'll do it for a little bit then swim around or hang out somewhere else

You should do another big water change and get the numbers down.

This is a great resource and you can check back in it when you have a question. There are also links for fish in cycling. Do not add more fish. There are more links for "fish in" cycling in the first part of the article. Please read them as well and it will help you keep the water as safe as possible for the fish!

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Thank u for the advice I appreciate it. I'll defs do that then. I am a little worried about doing it tbh cuz I had my pleco and 3 Corey catfish in it and the levels were up so I did a 50% water change and all the Corey's died I did move the last Corey and pleco from tank bit unfortunately couldn't save the catfish but was able to save the pleco thank goodness I'm so attached to her I'm glad I could at least save her. She is doing great and has recovered and returned to her normal self. Also I realize tank is at limit and am in the process of cycling my 20 gallon and want to put all my tetras in. Everyone will have some more room and will prolly be happier. Fish seem ok atm. Hopefully this water change will be successful.

Also my normal water parameters are ph 7.4 ammonia 0.25 nitrite 0.25 and nitrate 5. Its consistently stayed that way. U seem pretty knowledgeable so I was just wondering if that sounds okay. I've done reading online and from what I've read it's ok for it to like that but I would like to know if its correct or not. Again thanks for the advice I'll be doing that asap.

Back
Top Bottom